Orange-Balsamic Dressing


It's been awhile since I've even looked at this blog... 

My life has dramatically changed within the last 8 months.  Sadly, I didn't have the time or motivation to work on this, but I was working on many challenging yet positive personal changes.  Even through changing states and jobs, a rough breakup, hair growth and hair loss, and recurring Hashimoto Thyroiditis attacks -  I can actually say that I came out ahead!  I finally found a physician that seems to actually care about my complicated autoimmune issues, and he's trying out some new medications. I'm closer to old friends and family, and I get to see my mom and best friend at least once a month.  My new job is motivating, my boss is understanding and positive, and I still have room to learn and advance. I finally gave in to one of my good friends of 10 years (jk), and we began dating.  I couldn't ask for someone who could care or understand me more than he does.  Indianapolis is treating me well, and I'm still exploring new things about the city and local arts/music/farmer's markets.


As for my diet, it has been all over the place due to the craziness of life, but I'm slowly getting back on track and incorporating these foods back into my diet. I have to keep reminding myself how much better I felt when eating a cleaner diet to help keep me motivated.  Hopefully,  getting back into this groove will calm my thyroid down and bring the hair back. Luckily, I've found 3 amazing farmer's markets very close to where I live, and I'm not far from good quality grocery stores.
I am typically known as the girl that brings a salad everyday for lunch, so being able to make my own dressings is a necessity and money saver.  This dressing goes extremely well with one of my favorite salad combinations of mixed greens, strawberries, walnuts, and basil (fresh from my patio garden). 


Creamy Orange Balsamic Dressing
1 orange - zested, peeled & seeds removed
½ c balsamic
¼ c olive oil
1 T dijon mustard
1 clove garlic
¾ c cashews, soaked for 2 hours and rinse
sea salt/pepper to taste
makes approximately 2 cups

Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. The dressing will thicken up after being chilled. If the dressing becomes too thick, water can mixed in to thin it out.




Comments

Popular Posts