~Silver Lining Sundays~




I have been so completely busy the last few weeks, that I haven't been able to maintain my silver linings posts. So today I'm trying to make up for lost time and include the wonderful parts of the last 2 weeks!




I snuck back to my hometown for my mother's surprise birthday party last weekend, but I made some stops on the way there to see some good friends.  The drive there and back were both absolutely gorgeous days.  I saw multiple rainbows on the way there and nothing but blue skies on the way back.






One of the many great moments was hiking with my friend Colleen. We used to always get in trouble together, so this was a nice change-up to our past history. We took her dog, Chloe, and hit the trail for the afternoon. It was time well spent!






Not only did I get to see many wonderful friends, but I got to also see my best friend. On the way to meet her, my car completely broke down. Luckily, I had pulled off close to where some landscapers were working. They helped me jump my car and even advised me what part I needed to get to fix it. $16 later and my car was back to normal, and I was having lunch with Hana!


We met up my family, and I surprised my mother (and had the whole family crying).  I was able to spend a few more days with her and the rest of my family before heading home.  I have learned that every time I visit, it is getting harder and harder to be so far away. I am so so lucky to have friends and family that care for me so much!
This week we had to say goodbye to our wonderful neighbor and friend, Chad, during his going away dinner.  He made the hard decision to move up to Minnesota to be with his (awesome) girlfriend, and I couldn't be happier for him!  He will be greatly missed!





On a side note, I have never seen a pumpkin on a stick until a patient brought in flowers and pumpkin sticks for us this week out of appreciation for the physicians and staff!


Comments

Popular Posts