~Silver Lining Sundays~





My friend, Dustin, taking a shot of hot dog juice. YUCK
{Silver Lining Sundays are a day for me to think back during the week and remember the highlights and positive moments}

1. Last sunday was my second win in a row for fantasy football, and the Bears won.  It was a great football sunday with a goofy group of friends.   I'm not as confident about my team today, but we'll see what happens!
Go Bears!

I really believe the only way to stay healthy is to eat properly, get your rest and exercise. If you don't exercise and do the other two, I still don't think it's going to help you that much.
-Mike Ditka

2. Work was filled with more baby news! We officially found out the sex of the baby for one coworker, and listened to the heartbeat for the first time for another coworker. I absolutely adore all the ladies I work with.  It makes my exciting job even better!


DailyMail article about Nell Bryden

3. I found an inspiring article about Nell Bryden, a British musician, and her wake-up call with Alopecia. It's rare to read about someone who has dealt with such a similar problem as myself.

"She advised me to make my body an environment that hair would want to grow in...
I was lucky because my major wake-up call wasn’t life-threatening. I am happier than ever. My hair is growing back, though very slowly, teaching me the art of patience. I wear a wig on stage and out during the day because I don’t want to be defined by the lack of hair on my head.
I also make sure I have drawn on my eyebrows and applied fake eyelashes each day because it is, for me, a way of not letting the condition be in control of me, of not giving in.
But in my downtime, I’m comfortable with myself as I am. I look at this photo and see a happy ending. Scratch that: I see a new beginning."





4.  I reluctantly had to give away my entry to the Rock the Block 5K because of my hip, but I enjoyed my Friday night the best that I could. Even though I was extremely exhausted and it was dreary outside, I ventured out of the house after a small nap.  I chose to hang out with some good friends with their crazy kids/pets, wear my sleek new wig, drink a little vino, and watch Pitch Perfect! I love that movie more and more each time I watch it.



5. I slept in and slept in again. That made the whole weekend off worth it. I finally feel like I got a good night of sleep, and I think going back to work Monday won't be as bad as it usually is.  We also finally watched "This is the End" this weekend. I laughed the entire time - so good! I also suggest that if you haven't seen the Comedy Central Roast for James Franco - do it!!! 





Comments

Popular Posts